Barrie Gellis: Seth, Jane and Rob clearly and repeatedly stated that Seth would ONLY communicate via Jane in order to maintain the integrity and authenticity of the Seth material

 Every so often, or when I believe called for, I like to offer Seth readers the opportunity to see for themselves that Seth, Jane and Rob clearly and repeatedly stated that Seth would ONLY communicate via Jane in order to maintain the integrity and authenticity of the Seth material.

Let me remind everyone: These are SETH’s, JANE’s and ROB’s words. NOT my words; and NOT the words of any Seth “experts” getting it wrong. These are THEIR WORDS…
So, here are my latest 25 excerpts from Seth, Jane and Rob clearly stating that Seth would ONLY communicate via Jane in order to maintain the integrity and authenticity of the Seth material; as well as avoid great distortions. He NEVER says or hints here or anywhere in any book, class transcript or whatever that he only means while Jane is alive. CAPS and bold if that comes thru—are for emphasis only:
Seth (Session 110): "...RUBURT (LOUDER) WILL PRESENT MY MATERIAL FOR ME…
Seth (Session 454, 12-7-68, Early Sessions 9): “My friend here, Ruburt, is my mouth, and speaks for me...I WILL NEVER SPEAK THROUGH ANYONE OTHER THAN RUBURT, simply because there MUST NEVER BE ANY DOUBT OF THE ORIGIN OF THE SETH MATERIAL.”
Seth (Session 510, 1-19-70, Seth Speaks):
"MY COMMUNICATIONS WILL COME EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH (JANE) AT ALL TIMES, to protect the integrity of the material...”
Seth (Session 15, 1-13-64, Early Sessions 1): "Joseph, your part in these sessions is extremely important. WITHOUT YOUR PARTICIPATION THEY COULD NOT HAVE BEGUN, NOR COULD THEY CONTINUE. Because of our past alliances the three of us are closely bound together. However, I need the two of you in order to come through at all.”
Seth (Session 58, 6-1-64): “RUBURT and myself are offshoots of the same entity...And now, my dear patient JOSEPH, may I tell you THAT YOU ARE ALSO PART OF THAT SAME ENTITY - AND THIS IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY I AM ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU BOTH."
Seth (Session 170): "My concern is with the material I am presenting…RUBURT (LOUDER) WILL PRESENT MY MATERIAL FOR ME…It is largely disregarded, the sort of personality which is required in this endeavor. It simply happens that because of past relationships I know Ruburt well, and Ruburt knows me FAR better than he imagines. He knows well who I am, and I know who he is...NOR SHOULD JOSEPH'S PART IN THIS ENDEAVOR BE FORGOTTEN. It is more complicated than you may suppose. Now, I have trained Ruburt and taught Ruburt so that his valid clairvoyant experiences can be put on some sort of scientific basis...He is an intelligent and intuitional personality, and should be given credit."
Seth (Session 463, 2-5-69, Early Sessions 9): "Now, when you see what Ruburt can do occasionally, and the troubles I can have with distortion, then you can be sure that I WOULD NOT DOUBLE OR TRIPLE THE CHANCES FOR DISTORTION BY ATTEMPTING TO SPEAK THROUGH ANYONE ELSE…There is also something else that he seems to have forgotten--that your own relationships, yours (Rob’s) and Ruburt's and the relationships BETWEEN US in the past, do much to make our communications possible.”
Seth (Session 47): "This material WITH ALL MY BEST EFFORTS, and with yours (Rob & Jane), of necessity must contain distortions merely in order to make itself exist at all on your plane…ANY material, to exist on your plane…MUST be somewhat distorted. I must use phrases with which your minds are somewhat familiar…If I did not take advantage of your own camouflage system, then YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE MATERIAL…Inner data…MUST make its entry through some distortion... THIS MATERIAL IS MORE VALID THAN ANY MATERIAL POSSIBLE ON YOUR PLANE."
Seth (ESP Class, 12-19-72): “Seth Speaks should be called You Speak and You Speak and You Speak. SO LISTEN TO YOURSELVES.”
Barrie Comments: Very outraged, Jane wrote the following 2-1/2 years before she died--about the Seth material being “contaminated.” With all of Jane’s outrage, don’t you think that this late in the game--Seth would have said SOMETHING about communicating via others? AND note, he did NOT even do so in “Way Towards Health” in which she died:
Jane (Dreams, Evolution,Value Fulfillment--Essay 5, 4-18-82): “And--very troublesome to me--came the repeated news that various people were ‘speaking for Seth’ publicly, and charging hefty-enough fees. I felt that my work was being CONTAMINATED, and more, I was annoyed and disappointed by those readers who could apparently be so taken in by those other Seths. As he has said so many times, SETH SPEAKS ONLY THROUGH ME, TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE MATERIAL, and it is indeed THAT contract between him and me that always assures you of the AUTHENTICITY OF SETH'S WORK...I’M DEEPLY OUTRAGED that some people who consider themselves ‘followers’ of mine or Seth CAN SO EASILY FOOL THEMSELVES WHEN THEY CLAIM TO BE SPEAKING FOR SETH – be so blind to their own motives, or not recognize the fact that they’re taking advantage of people. THEY’RE ALSO USING MY WORK TO VALIDATE THEIR OWN...."
Barrie Comments: On The Same Day, 4-18-82, Rob Asks: Why Wouldn’t Seth Just Say So…?
Rob (Dreams, “Evolution,” and Value Fulfillment, V.1, 4-18-82): "After all, if he does come through others -- or can if he wants to -- why hasn’t Seth himself simply said so, and repeatedly, in the books as we’ve published them over the years? We’d have respected his statements on that aspect of his abilities and intents as much as we did -- and do -- on any other. To have attempted to censor Seth since 1963, say, to 'keep him to ourselves' on that particular subject, would have long ago turned into an impossibly complicated and dishonest task: Jane and I would have become involved in a constant distortion of his material as we rewrote the sessions. Such a procedure would have turned into a creative tragedy for us and for our readers.”
Barrie Comments: And again on, 4-18-82, Rob Asks: Why Did Seth “Appear” Only AFTER Jane Made The Name Popular?
Rob (Dreams, “Evolution,” and Value Fulfillment, V.1, 4-18-82): "… How come those other people made their ‘Seths’ known AFTER Jane began to speak for HER Seth, and to publish the Jane-Seth material? Being inspired to use one's own abilities is a perfectly understandable development that we can be very happy about. But to claim to speak for Jane's Seth…is quite another thing."
Barrie Comments: Seth Explains Why People Have This Strong Need To Believe Seth Is Still Here?
Seth (Deleted Session, 7-2-77): “Many of the people who read my books …are afraid…of going out on their own, so to speak...They think "IF I HAD A SETH, I too would progress….”
Seth (Deleted Session, 7-2-77, longer version): “Many of the people who read my books …realize that the authorities know far less than they originally supposed. They are afraid, however, of going out on their own, so to speak...
"They do not trust themselves. They do not have the stamina, or the resoluteness, however, yet, to face a reality in which THEY are the creators of their circumstances. They no longer TRUST religion or science in organizational terms…They must accept the fact that Ruburt…will dare to follow the dictates of the inner self, and this makes the entire affair more frightening to them…
"… and since they distrust themselves they cannot really understand how the two of YOU trust yourselves as much as you do. They use MY position as a substitute for the authority they are trying to give up. They think "IF I HAD A SETH, I too would progress….”
Seth (Deleted Session 7-2-77): “People become FRIGHTENED sometimes…They want to think that I spring AUTOMATICALLY into your lives, as SUPERMAN. They did not question Superman. Only a simple change of clothing was required for our hero, Mr. Kent. They do NOT want Ruburt's inquiring mind to intrude.
"What comic book reader wants to bother with a CLARK KENT … Or worse--wants Clark Kent to shout out from the phone booth, or wherever: "You can do (YOUR VERSION) of this too because we ALL have a reality in which we are Clark Kent AND Superman at one and the same time"? Such people simply want Superman to PERFORM his miracles.
"They want to keep Clark Kent and Superman entirely SEPARATE on a mental, psychical, and physical basis, and ONLY in the terms of our analogy…I become a SUPERSOUL rather than SUPERMAN. They do NOT want my AUTHORITY questioned…They think that if THEY had their OWN SUPERSOUL they would have FAR better sense than Ruburt, and they would use me as if I were a MAGIC GENIE. They are afraid Ruburt might…QUESTION ME OUT OF EXISTENCE, for they do NOT understand that Ruburt's questions, and YOURS (Rob’s), your sense of integrity, are partially responsible for a "superman" rather than a SUPERMOUSE.”
Barrie Comments: Seth As SYMBOL In Dreams, Out Of Bodies, Automatic Writing, And Other Communications:
Seth (ESP Class, 3-12-74): Class Member: “Seth, would you help me in my DREAMS if I tried to contact you?”
Seth Responds: “You help yourself in your own dreams. You do not need me. You may use the SYMBOL of me, but when you do, it is a SYMBOL OF YOUR OWN INNER KNOWLEDGE, for I am the SYMBOL OF THE KNOWLEDGE THAT DWELLS WITHIN EACH OF YOUR PSYCHES. I am MYSELF, but beyond that I am the SYMBOL of the knowledge that dwells within each of your psyches.”
Jane (God of Jane, 1981): "(A) man 'in contact’ with Seth…wanted to inform me that I'd distorted Seth's material on Christ, and that Seth had TOLD him so!...Good Christ!' I muttered irritably to Rob when I read the letter. What about the other two people who wrote last year, each with their own versions of Christ's life, each contradicting the other, and each supposedly containing corrections from Seth?'…
I'd written the man a brief note explaining that he was free to believe what he wanted about Christ's life -- that HE WASN'T IN CONTACT WITH SETH, BUT WITH HIS OWN SYMBOLIZED VERSION OF WHO OR WHAT HE THOUGHT SETH WAS."
Jane (Chap.9, 1970, Seth Material): “Mrs. Brian had a terrific headache while reading the article (about Seth); suddenly she thought she felt Seth's presence. An inner voice, presumably Seth's, told her that she had been feeling sorry for herself that she must stop brooding over her health at once, get up, and go out for a walk. If SO, she would improve at once....
“We asked Seth about the incident. In this case, he said, Mrs. Brian had USED HIM AS A SYMBOL OF HER INNER SELF, or SUPRACONSCIOUSNESS, to deliver help and healing influences as well as advice. The experience helped the woman to use her own abilities, and the IDEA of Seth ENABLED HER TO ACTIVATE HER OWN HEALING FORCES.”
Seth (Session 876, 8-27-79): "A woman wrote that she was involved with. . . correspondences in which I was communicating with her, and she was certain that this would prove beyond a doubt my own independent nature, since I [would have given] messages to another medium besides Ruburt. The woman was quite convinced of that.
"Other people have written that I have given them such messages. Another woman DREAMED of me; and had an experience in which a child was definitely healed. Now, I DID NOT COMMUNICATE WITH THOSE WOMEN—BUT THEIR BELIEF IN ME HELPED EACH OF THEM USE CERTAIN ABILITIES. One woman has done some writing—not very good—but still, those abilities came to the fore. The other woman was able to use her OWN healing abilities.”
Seth (2-12-74): Class Transcript: “Arthur then addressed Seth describing an experience of the past week wherein he was trying to get out-of-body and found that he was unable to do so. After trying, without success, to get out-of-body, he thought he had heard Seth say, ‘The Mona Lisa is very, very heavy.’ He could not understand that statement.”
Seth Responds: Now, the voice was your own interpretation of what I might have said to you. But it is your interpretation, and so you should by rights tell me what it means! But for now, I will give you a clue: Sweetness and light comes hard. It is my interpretation of your interpretation!
Jane (Chap.9, 1970, Seth Material): "Several people have told me that Seth communicated with them through AUTOMATIC WRITING, but Seth denies any such contacts, saying that HIS COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE LIMITED TO HIS WORK WITH ME, in order that the INTEGRITY of the Seth Material be preserved."
Seth (Session 463, 2-5-69): “IT IS QUITE NATURAL THAT OTHERS...who are experimenting SHOULD GO THROUGH A STAGE IN WHICH IT SEEMS TO THEM THEY ARE RECEIVING INFORMATION FROM ME. Suggestion operates, and any trance deeper than ordinary for them can be interpreted in these terms.”
Rob (Dreams, “Evolution,” and Value Fulfillment, V.1, 4-18-82): "Even in God of Jane, which was published in 1981, Jane presented some relatively late material from Seth to show that he doesn't independently communicate with others. The idea that he'd done so can be inspiring….Seth stated: 'Now, I did not communicate with those women -- but their belief in me helped each of them use certain abilities.'”
Seth (ESP Class, 4-17-73): “If you are quick, and if you are intuitive, and if you are courageous, and if some evening you listen to my voice in the proper mood, then you can follow YOURSELF to the heart of yourself, using the voice as a road or vehicle.”
----END OF EXCERPTS-----
Barrie Comments: This concludes my currently list of excerpts. Does anyone REALLY believe after reading ALL that Seth, Jane and Rob said—and the reasoning behind it--that he would simply CHANGE his mind AFTER Jane’s death and contaminate his material by now communicating thru ANYONE who asks? That he would NO LONGER CARE about the integrity and authenticity of his material AFTER Jane died?

Comments

  1. Mark B. Do you mind if I put this information into my personal Seth Cliff Notes document? This is a home made document I made while studying the Seth Materials. I illustrated it to make the copy - paste exercise more creative on my part. Here is a link to the files. I would make this article Appendix A in the S-Z file, moving my final comments on Seth to Appendix B. I make no money for this. I am doing it for myself but have shared it for free on Seth FB groups. People seem to like it. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Xb_uDN3CMaDI27oBnzZyiDGVzjXRe5ug

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts