The highest Defense budget was Obama first one in 2010 when Democrats controlled both House and Senate

 I didn't receive it, thanks.

 
An aspect not addressed: War i$ a racket.
 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
 
On Thu, 2 Dec 2021 19:25:46 +0000 (UTC) Elaine Kinch <elenak38@...> writes:
Maybe you get this short treatise, on "insanity".

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Bob Graf <bobsyouruncle@...>
To: EndtheWars Coalition <etwcomm@googlegroups.com>; Samir Moukaddam <smoukaddam@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 2, 2021, 01:19:07 PM CST
Subject: Re: [EtWcoalition] AOC & squad

Samir,
There is a quote, attributed to Albert Einstein that says it all:  “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.” 
An example We sign petitions, write letters and call our congressional representatives to lower the Defense budget.  Yet, every year it goes up significantly and when it comes to defense appropriation bills our democratic representatives vote for it.  Rep. Moore, Senator Baldwin voted for the 2020 and 2021 Defense appropriation bill and will probably do so again this year. They will find some excuse to do so.  The highest Defense budget was Obama first one in 2010 when Democrats controlled both House and Senate.  It was over 800 billion dollars (in 2018 dollars).

The normal media does not let us know about nonviolent revolutions going on all over the world.  This morning I watched a youtube video "Battle of Belarus" that described the major nonviolent revolution against the Dictator.  We cannot have such a revolution year because we fight each other Republican vs Democratic instead of the real enemies in the system.  It is even so bad that many in our movement will vote for the Democrat, no matter how she or he stands on the issues we care about.   Another reason why is that we fear suffering, prison and other sacrifices that are necessary for nonviolent change.    We cannot stand up to the systematic racism that continues in Milwaukee.  City. County State and Federal development funds continue to exclude neighborhoods most in need like 53206

Thanks, Samir for bringing up these types of discussions with ETW,  My hope is that enough people will stop doing the same old things.
and expect different results.   I too read and admire Greenwald for his seeking the truth without a Democratic or Republican lens.
Bob Graf



On Thursday, December 2, 2021, 12:08:02 PM CST, Samir Moukaddam <smoukaddam@...> wrote:


I follow Glenn Greenwald. To me, he makes sense. (See photo - start from bottom of it)
(He is on substack.com, rumble.com, and callin.com, among others - and on twitter of course - He left The Intercept which he co-founded)

I keep wondering and I still have no answer: why do I look around locally and nationally and continue to see strategies and tactics that have been tried so many times and failed and resulted in what we see now around us?

Is it for example that we are not imagining any other ways? So we stick with "better than doing nothing"?
I don't know... all I know, personally, I am a direct victim of US / Western wars and colonizations, and as I watch literally 100s of millions of people I identify with ("my people") die, suffer, forced to flee, lose everything they built, face hopeless futures ...
With all this, it feels quite disheartening to watch the well-intentioned peace 'movement' in the US not even willing to learn and adjust...  while the world counts on us to do something about the most powerful vicious sadistic Empire in humanity causing all this we see around us, *including* within the US, and **including** few blocks from where some of us live.

The experience with "hope & change" Obama (D) alone (who is responsible for way more wars than Bush (R) ) .... that alone should motivate all of these peace orgs to think twice about continuing same old same old.
Is there any analysis that would deny the role of Obamite policies (Clintonism on steroids) contributing to getting Trump elected? After Clinton we got Bush, After Obama we got Trump... is anyone else quite scared, after Biden (or worse if Harris takes over) what we will get? (A smarter Trump may be? )

At every turn, I conclude how right those in the Black Radical Tradition were/are right .... and how US liberalism (recently turned illiberal) can't be trusted.


--
End the Wars COALITION -- Milwaukee
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "End the Wars Coalition (Milwaukee)" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to EtWcomm+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/EtWcomm/640DB466-03FE-4EF1-9732-07A532E757D4%40gmail.com.





— sm

Comments

Popular Posts