Seth: Imagine the larger self saying, "I am strong. I will not allow the smaller self to make excuses. There is no need for them.

Seth: You must identify with the larger portion of your self.
[Brad said he felt immobilized — an inertia.]
Seth: Now. My prescription immediately is to think in terms of motion. Do not say again, "I think in terms of immobility." Instead, immediately change your imaginative image of yourself. You must and you can do this. You must first change your image in your imagination and act upon it immediately. You must refuse, and absolutely refuse, to accept any more excuses from this superficial portion of yourself. You must imagine that within yourself—for this is the truth—there is a stronger and more powerful self, a larger self.

And when the "little" self says, "I am afraid and I will make excuses," you must imagine the larger self saying, "I am strong. I will not allow the smaller self to make excuses. There is no need for them." You must identify with the larger portion of your self. It is the emotional recognition, not the intellectual recognition, that is important...
SESSION 2/3/1970, The Early Class Sessions, Book 2

Comments

Popular Posts