Jeffrey St. Clair on his voting, 2024
+ Cockburn used to say, vote for whoever makes you happy, knowing that the vote-counting machines will probably record it for someone you despise. So I filled out my ballot, though not very joyfully, and drove to the drop-off site in our little mill town, where the ballot box was being “monitored” by four MAGA people, adorned in their red hats, who, undeterred by the drenching rain, recorded my arrival on their cellphones and asked to see my ID, a request I replied to with a customary Mexican gesture, as I told them I’d left my papers back in Juarez. Hasta la vista, muchachos.
+ They must be apprehensive about how I was casting my vote for Soil and Water Conservation District #2 Commissioner.
--Jeffrey St. Clair
+ In the spirit of “bi-partisanship,” Biden kept Louis DeJoy as Postmaster General, with entirely predictable results: Coos County, Oregon Clerk Julie Brecke said Tuesday that the coastal county has experienced “unexplained delays” in ballot mailing due to an error from the U.S. Postal Service.
+ A Florida man was arrested after he threatened two women Kamala Harris supporters–one 71, the other 52– with a machete outside a polling place at the Jacksonville Public Library.
+ Can Harris have a closing argument for her campaign, if she never had an opening one?
+ Just when Harris’s poll numbers in Michigan began to improve, she sent Bill Clinton to scold Arab-American voters in the state: "I understand why young Palestinian and Arab Americans in Michigan think too many people have died — I get that, but…Hamas makes sure that they’re shielded by civilians, they’ll force you to kill civilians, if you want to defend yourself. I got news for [Hamas]—[Israelis] were there first before their faith existed.” Bill used to know better, but now he’s just lazy, woozy and vain.
+ Take it from the man who bombed an aspirin factory in Sudan to divert attention from his own sex scandal…
+ The Democrats’ unyielding support for the Israeli rampages in Gaza and Lebanon have opened the door for Trump and he wasted little time in taking advantage…
+ Trump: “During my Administration, we had peace in the Middle East, and we will have peace again very soon! I will fix the problems caused by Kamala Harris and Joe Biden and stop the suffering and destruction in Lebanon. I want to see the Middle East return to real peace, a lasting peace, and we will get it done properly so it doesn’t repeat itself every 5 or 10 years!”
+ If by “peace in the Middle East” he meant dropping more bombs in a year than Obama, who held the previous record, allowing Israel to confiscate the Golan Heights, launching missiles at Iran, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, and Somalia and assassinating a top Iranian general, he might have a point.
+ Biden isn’t helping Harris, either through spite or senescence is unclear. Likely both. But after the president called Trump supporters “garbage,” his press office altered the official transcript, after consulting with Biden, to change “supporters” to “supporter’s.” Then the official White House stenographer objected, calling the alteration of the transcript “a breach of protocol and spoilation of transcript integrity between Stenography and Press Offices.”
+ Trump in Green Bay: “I told women I will be their protector. They said, ‘Sir, please don’t say that.’ Well I’m going to do it whether the women like it or not.”
+ “I’m going to do it, whether the women like it or not” has been Trump’s motto for 60 years…
+ Mark Cuban: “Donald Trump, you never see him around strong, intelligent women. Ever. It’s just that simple.”
+ Out of the 20 largest individual donors this election cycle, nine gave to Trump and the GOP, while only one to Harris and the Democrats. This is a significant change from 2020 when two of the top three donors backed Democrats. In 2016, four of the top six donors backed Hillary Clinton.
+ Trump claimed this week that he won New Mexico twice. In 2016, HRC received 385,234 votes (48.25%) to Trump’s 319,667 votes (40.04%). In 2020, Biden received 501,614 votes (54.29%) to Trump’s 401,894 (43.50%).
+ From the Wall Street Journal’s endorsement of Trump: “Mr Trump was too undisciplined, and his attention span too short, to stay on message much less stage a coup.”
Comments
Post a Comment