IRmep -- Israel has conducted nuclear espionage against the US, AIPAC think tank

Last weekend Alex Vatanka of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy responded to IRmep Director Grant F. Smith's questions about Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu's work in the Project Pinto nuclear smuggling ring, whether Netanyahu could be indicted under the Atomic Energy Act, and if Israel is the leading state sponsor of nuclear proliferation in the Middle East.

Transcript

Grant F. Smith: Hi. I want to circle back to Alex's statements on nuclear weapons. Um there's been a lot of information about Israel's nuclear weapons that have come out. One of the most interesting came out in 2012 reported by Israel National News, Mariv and The Marker about how Benjamin Netanyahu was in a project called Project Pinto to steal US krytrons, which are high-speed switches you need to detonate nuclear weapons.

So, you know, it's also out that Israel was involved in diverting uranium from the NUMEC facility in Pennsylvania. That's what the CIA thinks.

Shimon Perez tried to sell nuclear tipped Jericho missiles to apartheid South Africa.

So to my questions. If [NY Major] Mamdani wanted to arrest Netanyahu, couldn't he just do that under the Atomic Energy Act, which doesn't have a statute of limitations on some violations? And isn't Israel the leading state sponsor of nuclear proliferation in the Middle East? Can we all just agree to always repeat just like we repeat things about Iran being the state sponsor of terrorism? Can't we always lead off discussions of Israel by saying Israel is a leading state sponsor of nuclear proliferation?

C-CPAN moderator: All right, let's see. Is that true, Alex? What the caller was saying?

Alex Vatanka, WINEP: So, no, I have to apologize to Grant because I just don't know enough about this issue to be able to give him something that I suspect would satisfy him.

Look, I think you know, but with the question certainly on Mamdani's powers and jurisdiction, what he can and cannot do if the prime minister of Israel shows up, I don't know. I really don't know. I mean, that's something that uh others with expertise in that area have to comment on.

But I mean, the larger point is Israel has engaged in  spying on the United States. That's hardly a secret, including stealing American nuclear technology going back to, I believe, 60s. And again, that's well documented, including Israeli sources. People have been involved in that, have written books about it. Uh so that's not a secret. On the point of Israel being a proliferator on the nuclear front, I know US has been concerned about American defense technology given to Israel finding its ways to places like China in the past.

That was certainly a concern about a decade ago I remember. But on the nuclear front I I haven't. Maybe the exception of South Africa. Again, I just don't know that case well enough. There was South African Israeli nuclear cooperation back in the days of apartheid. That's for sure. I remember I think the Israelis detonated uh some of their nuclear tests off the waters of South Africa in southern Indian Ocean.

But again, remember Israel on paper has never declared itself to be a nuclear power. They are pursuing this policy of ambiguity. So you have to guess if they have it or not. Obviously everyone knows that Israel is a nuclear power.

 https://mailchi.mp/bd9b41cbf668/israel-has-conducted-nuclear-espionage-against-the-us-aipac-think-tank-10360718



Comments

Popular Posts