What I saw in Gaza is the very core of why I’m running

 What I saw in Gaza is the very core of why I’m running


  • Adam Hamawy 
    From:info@e.ilhanomar.com
    To:Mark M Giese
    Fri, Aug 21 2026 at 9:52 AM

    Dr. Adam Hamawy

    Hi Mark,

    I’ve worked across the world helping patients survive combat and disaster zones, both as a combat trauma surgeon and as a volunteer surgeon. But my experience in Gaza in 2024 is at the very core of why I’m running for Congress.

    I treated children pulled from rubble and people who survived bombings, only for the majority of them to die within 48 hours due to malnutrition and a lack of medical supplies—an intentional act of genocide funded by our tax dollars. I still struggle to process what I witnessed. And I saw our leaders in Washington deploy military resources in Gaza, Venezuela, and Iran—while telling us we don’t have the money to take care of our communities here at home.

    It’s this hypocrisy that made me want to run for Congress. Our government is spending our tax dollars to fund these atrocities and enable genocides, while Americans are dying without healthcare, getting price-gouged at the grocery store, and struggling with the rising gas prices.

    None of this is accidental. It’s the result of leaders who are voting without consequence, captured by elite interests, and making decisions in their own self-interest instead of yours.

    And in June, voters right here in NJ-12 sent a message of their own.

    Despite racist smear efforts, our grassroots campaign won the Democratic primary for New Jersey's 12th Congressional District. That victory showed something important: people are tired of politics that serves powerful interests while everyday families and vulnerable communities are left behind.

    But challenging the status quo is never easy. The interests that benefit from our broken system aren't going away, and neither are the obstacles standing in the way of real change.

    We need champions of peace and justice in Congress. I intend to be one of them.

Comments

Popular Posts