War is incompatible with a healthy planet

 War is incompatible with a healthy planet


  • Jane Fonda 
    From:info@janepac.com
    To:Mark M Giese
    Fri, Sep 4 2026 at 3:37 PM
    Jane Fonda Climate PAC

    Mark M,

    After 88 years on this Earth, I have learned a couple of things about war:

    All wars are climate disasters.

    Every war is driven by untold amounts of fossil fuels and comes at an unimaginable cost to all of us.

    But not all of us are bearing that cost. Between April and June of this year, five Big Oil giants made $48 billion in profit as Trump’s war in Iran continued.

    The path to a more livable world requires us to break the feedback loop between war and climate disaster – because war is incompatible with a healthy planet for all.

    I truly believe the vast majority of people in this country have learned the lessons of the Vietnam War, the Iraq War, and so many other unnecessary and illegal wars, and have come to understand who truly profits in the name of war-mongering.

    It is the fossil fuel industry and its oily CEOs making billions from war. The same powerful interests who’ve spent decades buying influence in our political system and blocking climate action.

    I’ve seen this cycle play out for far too long to stop fighting now, Mark M. And one of the most powerful things we can do is elect climate leaders who are brave enough to meet this moment with the urgency it demands.

    That’s why I founded the Jane Fonda Climate PAC. The status quo simply isn’t cutting it. We need leaders willing to fight for bold solutions. Leaders who refuse fossil fuel money. Leaders who will put people, peace, and a livable future ahead of corporate profits.


    When I leave this place, I want my grandkids to know that I did everything in my power to create a livable, cleaner future for them.

    Thank you,

    Jane Fonda

Comments

Popular Posts