Oversoul 7 -- Each sex has tried to rule the other

In The Education of Oversoul 7, written by Jane Roberts (although I suspect much of it was channeled) there is interesting commentary on the problems that occur when one sex dominates the other. Proteus is a boy who escaped from a satellite civilization above earth that is run by women because men had done such a bad job on earth. He is talking to Window who is a member of a group who have moved back to earth in which neither men or women dominate:

“I guess I don’t understand,” Proteus said. “Do men rule things here?”

Window shook his head. “Each sex has tried to rule the other, throughout history. In a way, the results were more disastrous when men had the upper hand. They became so alienated from themselves as simple individuals that they could only relate through sex-directed activities. But the women are doing a poor job, too, as you should know, with your background. They tried to retaliate and turn the tables until they took on many of the unfavorable traits they thought were male. I’ll explain more about it later, but I can honestly say that we relate here as individuals. Each person is respected for his or her uniqueness. Even names have individual meanings, and aren’t sexually based.”
Roberts, Jane. The Oversoul Seven Trilogy: The Education of Oversoul Seven, The Further Education of Oversoul Seven, Oversoul Seven and the Museum of Time . Penguin Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Comments

Popular Posts